India team for Sri Lanka to be picked on July 4
The Indian cricket team for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka, to play five ODIs and a lone Twenty20 International against the hosts, will be picked on July 4.
"The all-India senior selection committee will meet at the cricket centre in Mumbai on July 4 to pick the Indian teams for the ODI and T20 International series in Sri Lanka in July-August," BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a statement on Wednesday.
India will be playing against Sri Lanka in five one-dayers to be held between July 22 to August 4 followed by a T20 International on August 7 at the Pallekele stadium.
This will be India's first international assignment since the conclusion of the Asia Cup in Bangladesh in March.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sundar and Thakur’s knocks were lauded by the entire cricketing fraternity with former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody highly impressed with their rearguard.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him.
- India vs Australia: Each wicket is special for Hazlewood but the fast bowler is highly content with one dismissal in particular.
- The South Africa squad, which includes 21 players, underwent their first Covid-19 tests soon after landing on Saturday.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India's Apex Council meeting did not take a final decision on whether to stage Ranji Trophy.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur danced down the wicket to Nathan Lyon and dispatched the off-spinner over the ropes.
- India vs Australia: Stronger teams have toured Australia, few as brave as this bunch.