India vs Australia: ‘He told physio he feels dizzy,’ Sanju Samson reveals what happened after Ravindra Jadeja returned to dressing room
India wicketkeeper-batsman gave details of what happened inside the Indian dressing room after the visitors rode on a sensational innings from Ravindra Jadeja to post 161/7 in 20 overs. Jadeja was struck on helmet by Aussie fast bowler Mitchell Starc during his unbeaten 44-run innings, and leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal came in as his concussion substitute when India returned to defend the target.
Chahal, who was not in original playing XI, grabbed 3 for 25 in a match-winning performance in the first T20 International against Australia, and was declared the man-of-the-match.
Speaking to reporters at the post-match virtual press conference, India wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson said: “He got hit on the helmet in the last over (off Mitchell Starc) and when he came back to the dressing room, he was asked by the physio (Nitin Patel) how he felt. He (Jadeja) said that he was feeling a little dizzy.”
“He is under observation as per team doctor’s (Dr Abhijit Salvi) advice,” he further revealed. On being asked about Jadeja’s hamstring strain, Samson said that the physio is taking care of the situation.
“I don’t know how Jaddu bhai is feeling as the physio is taking care of that,” he said.
Speaking on Chahal’s sensational bowling, Samson said: “That is the standard that has been set by this team. The quality of players is so high that anytime you ask, they are ready. Chahal grabbed his chance and it was a great lesson for everyone that they need to be ready all the time.”
“A few years back I would have said yes (pressure factor) to that question. But now I have played a few matches for India and have been around good people, who have helped keep a positive mindset.
“The idea is to keep it simple and focus is to win every game for India,” Samson added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India are already without two of their premier bowlers in Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah in the Gabba Test, who have missed it due to back spasm and abdominal strain respectively.
- India vs Australia, 4th Test: Sundar made his debut in Brisbane and made an instant impact. Sundar picked up three wickets in the first innings with Steve Smith being his first wicket.
- Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari, KL Rahul, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar have all missed part of the Test series or the whole contest itself.
- The impact of Dravid as the head of NCA has been applauded as it has resulted in India having quality players on the bench.
- The dream continues for Natarajan, who became the first Indian cricketer to make debuts in all three formats for India on the same tour with Jadeja lauding the 29-year-old for keeping calm and hardly showing any nerves.
- Inzamam narrated how he wanted to see how Dravid bats in a five-match ODI series against Pakistan in Canada in 1996 as someone had sung his praises.
- Shakib Al Hasan is set to return to international cricket after serving a year-long ban.