India vs England - Sam Curran: Know about the man who sliced through Indian top order
The young left-arm seamer got rid of Murali Vijay with an inducker which, got KL Rahul with a wide pitched up half-volley, and then accounted for Shikhar Dhawan with a genuine pitched up away swinging ball.cricket Updated: Aug 02, 2018 18:54 IST
Young Surrey and England seamer Sam Curran wreaked havoc against India as he sliced through the top order by picking by three wickets in a matter of 10 balls. (IND v ENG DAY 2 LIVE)
The young left-arm seamer got rid of Murali Vijay with an in ducker, which got KL Rahul with a wide pitched up half-volley, and then accounted for Shikhar Dhawan with a genuine pitched up away swinging ball.
A man of immense talent, Curran was identified early and was earmarked for success from his Under-17 days. He is a genuine swing bowler who likes to pitch the ball up and get it to move off the deck. With the bat, he is tenacious and has all the strokes to keep the bowlers honest at all times.
Here is all you need to know about the young man:
1. He is the son of the former Zimbabwe cricketer Kevin Curran and could have played for Zimbabwe too.
2. His brother Tom Curran is part of England’s limited overs team and also played for Kolkata Knight Riders.
3. In 2015, he became the second youngest player to make a first-class debut for Surrey, at 17 years and 40 days old.
4. His debut for Surrey was eye-catching if described in very sober terms where he picked up five wickets in the first innings and eight in the match.
5. He has played for England U19s and Lions, as well as taking a part in the North v South Series.
6. He made his debut against Pakistan in the second Test at Leeds.
First Published: Aug 02, 2018 18:04 IST