India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Statistical highlights of Windies innings
Debutant Khaleel Ahmed (1/16) and Jasprit Bumrah (1/27) ensured that the Windies run-rate dried up before the spin duo of Krunal Pandya (1/15) and Kuldeep (3/13) made merry.Updated: Nov 05, 2018 08:20 IST
Left-arm spinner Kuldeep Yadav led the Indian bowlers’ fine show with three wickets to restrict West Indies to 109/8 in the first T20I of the three-match series at the Eden Gardens on Sunday.
Debutant Khaleel Ahmed (1/16) and Jasprit Bumrah (1/27) ensured that the Windies run-rate dried up before the spin duo of Krunal Pandya (1/15) and Kuldeep (3/13) made merry.
We take a look at some of the important numbers and milestones that were reached during the Windies innings -
- Dinesh Ramdin became Umesh Yadav’s first wicket against Windies in T20Is.
- After taking Shimron Hetmyer’s wicket, Jasprit Bumrah is just one wicket away from becoming the joint leading wicket-taker at home for India.
- With the help of his three-wicket haul, Kuldeep now has 100 wickets in T20s.
- Fabian Allen became Khaleel Ahmed’s first T20I wicket while Kieron Pollard became Krunal Pandya’s first T20I scalp.
- 109/8 is Windies’ lowest ever total against India in the shortest format.
First Published: Nov 04, 2018 23:48 IST