Latest from jasprit bumrah
Marco Jansen got into an ugly spat with Jasprit Bumrah during the second Test in Johannesburg and similar scenes were witnessed in the third and final contest at Cape Town.
Published on Jan 18, 2022 08:56 AM IST
- India’s bowling spearhead, vice-captain for the ODI series against South Africa starting in Paarl on Tuesday, says every player is adapting to the recent changes in the team set-up
Published on Jan 17, 2022 08:29 PM IST
- Bumrah emerged as one of the choices after he was named as a stand-in vice-captain for the Johannesburg Test against South Africa earlier this month after Kohli had incurred an upper back spasm and Rahul was elevated to his position.
Published on Jan 17, 2022 05:13 PM IST
- Kohli had stepped down from the Test captaincy role earlier last week a day after the Test series ended in Cape Town, marking an end of an era in Indian cricket.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 07:55 PM IST
- Bumrah exacted the revenge on Wednesday by breaching his defense with a fullish and angled-in delivery that held its line and rattled against the off stump. There were no words said, but Bumrah's cold stare at Jansen said everything.
Published on Jan 13, 2022 02:31 PM IST
- Former India fast bowler Ashish Nehra feels that while Jasprit Bumrah has impressed him a lot, there are bowlers around the world who, if not better, then are on par with the 28-year-old India quick.
Updated on Jan 13, 2022 02:29 PM IST
- Bumrah's seventh five-wicket haul helped India fold the hosts for 210 in Cape Town
Updated on Jan 13, 2022 01:02 PM IST
- Riding on Bumrah's efforts, India bundled out South Africa for 210 in their first innings on Day 2 of the ongoing Test in Cape Town and took a slender lead of 13 runs.
Published on Jan 13, 2022 08:12 AM IST
Spearheading the Indian attack Bumrah bowled a total of 23.3 overs in which he picked five wickets and conceded just 42.
Updated on Jan 12, 2022 09:34 PM IST
- Bumrah was far less ineffective at the Wanderers, picking the solitary wicket of Keshav Maharaj in the first innings and going wickless in 17 overs for 70 runs in the second innings as India lost by seven wickets.
Updated on Jan 10, 2022 11:17 AM IST
- On January 5, 2018, Bumrah made his Test debut, picking four wickets in his maiden appearance and finished the series with 14 wickets, which included a five-wicket haul in Johannesburg.
Published on Jan 10, 2022 08:11 AM IST
- Eric Simons had words of appreciation for India's star bowler, calling him an “absolute leader.”
Published on Jan 09, 2022 09:07 AM IST
- India's deadly pace spearhead looks the same bowler as always, except he's not getting the ball to move the way he wants.
Published on Jan 07, 2022 05:46 PM IST
Jasprit Bumrah was seen exchanging words with young Marco Jansen in the second session of the day.
Updated on Jan 05, 2022 06:01 PM IST
- The 12-man team comprises four from India, two each from England, Pakistan, Australia and New Zealand
Published on Jan 02, 2022 09:13 AM IST
- Iyer steered the Delhi-based outfit to its maiden IPL final in 2020 while Pant took them to Qualifiers in 2021, steering the team to a first-place finish in the round-robin stage.
Published on Jan 02, 2022 07:01 AM IST
- Here’s our top 10 dismissals from India’s quicks this year, in no particular order.
Published on Jan 01, 2022 12:52 PM IST
Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
- India produced an impressive display to defeat South Africa by 113 runs in Centurion, taking a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Published on Dec 30, 2021 04:22 PM IST
- On Day 4, Jasprit Bumrah knocked over the compact Rassie van der Dussen and nightwatchman Keshav Maharaj to leave the visitors six wickets away from a historic win
Updated on Dec 30, 2021 03:07 PM IST
- The India pace spearhead took two of the four wickets India claimed to leave South Africa, chasing a difficult 305 to win, reduced to 94/4 at stumps on Day 4 of the Centurion Test.
Published on Dec 29, 2021 11:49 PM IST
Somshuvra Laha, Mumbai
- India were in for a massive injury scare when their premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah was forced to leave the field after he injured his ankle.
Updated on Dec 28, 2021 06:44 PM IST
- While India will once again rely on their two most senior pacers to deliver the goods against South Africa, it is to be noted that Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami are on the verge of might impressive individual milestones.
Published on Dec 24, 2021 07:22 PM IST
India will aim to seal their maiden Test series win in South Africa, where they are slated to play three matches.
Updated on Dec 22, 2021 10:00 PM IST
- Veteran left-arm pacer Wahab Riaz, who is representing the Jaffna Kings, and has picked up five wickets from three games for the franchise, was asked to name his favourite bowlers from the current crop of cricketers, and the pacers' answer did not come as much of a surprise.
Published on Dec 14, 2021 12:49 PM IST
Mumbai Indians retained Rohit Sharma, Bumrah, Kieron Pollard, and Suryakumar Yadav ahead of the mega-auction for IPL 2022
Published on Dec 02, 2021 08:47 AM IST
- IND vs NZ: While analysing the 1st session of Day 5, former India all-rounder Irfan Pathan said the hosts are missing the service of two wicket-taking bowlers.
Published on Nov 29, 2021 12:29 PM IST
- Former New Zealand pacer Simon Doull feels India would not miss the services of the five star cricketers who have been rested for the two-Test series.
Published on Nov 25, 2021 10:59 AM IST
- Jasprit Bumrah, who was on 62 wickets prior to the start of the match, surpassed leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal to make the top of the list.
Updated on Nov 05, 2021 10:14 PM IST
- T20 Worldl Cup: Bumrah will have added motivation to go for the kill against Afghanistan. He is only three wickets away from overtaking Yuzvendra Chahal as India's leading wicket-taker in T20Is.
Updated on Nov 03, 2021 03:56 PM IST
- Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah is on the brink of a momentous feat for India in the shortest format of the game.
Published on Oct 24, 2021 10:19 AM IST