Saqlain Mushtaq on ICL radar
The rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL) has zeroed in on seven Pakistani players, including former spinners Mushtaq Ahmed and Saqlain Mushtaq, for its next edition.
Sources said apart from these two, the ICL has also sounded off Naved Latif, Hasan Reza, Mohammad Hafeez, Humayun Farhat and Imran Nazir.
Nazir and Hafeez have played recently for Pakistan, while Hasan and Latif have been consistent performers on the domestic circuit without getting a proper chance to represent Pakistan.
Both Mushtaq and Saqlain have not played for Pakistan since 2003/2004 and are currently busy with the county championship in England.
Saqlain will also qualify as a British national to play for England in April.
Sources said the players were contacted by former Pakistan captain Moin Khan who is the ICL representative here and also coaches one of the ICL teams.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- 28 out of 30 wickets fell to spinners. England team management got their strategy wrong as they went in with three seamers on turning track.
- Yet, there is a legitimate issue here. The definition of a "good surface" may simply be a matter of one person's opinion against another's; but the very structure of Test cricket, it's 5-day format, demands a surface that has a reasonable chance to support play for five days.
- With several former cricketers claiming that the Ahmedabad pitch was a bad one, former India cricketer Deep Dasgupta said that he does not agree with the viewpoint.
- Former India batsman Gautam Gambhir weighed in on the topic, saying that even though he does not agree with Yuvraj on his opinion, he still believes Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh would have ended their careers with a lot more wickets.
- IND vs ENG: Kohli has scored two fifties in the series but has not been able to convert it to a hundred yet.
- On Monday, Harbhajan Singh shared the teaser of his upcoming film 'Friendship' on Twitter.