Priyanka Chopra sends love, hugs to Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli's 'lil princess', jokes she wants 'cricket team' of kids
- Priyanka Chopra has sent her love and hugs to her Dil Dhadakne Do co-star, Anushka Sharma, who welcomed her first child with Virat Kohli on Monday.
Reacting to Virat's post announcing his daughter's birth, Priyanka wrote, "Sooo happy for you guys. Congratulations Anushka and Virat. Big hug and much love especially to your lil princess. @anushkasharma @virat.kohli."
Virat on Monday took to Instagram to announce that Anushka had given birth to a healthy baby girl. “We are thrilled to share with you that we have been blessed with a baby girl this afternoon," he wrote. "We thank you all for your love, prayers and good wishes. Anushka and the baby are both healthy and we are feeling beyond blessed to start this new chapter of our lives. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Love, Virat.”
A day later, the first picture of the baby was reportedly shared online by Virat's brother. While the picture didn't reveal the child's face, it showed a newborn's feet, sticking out of a blanket.
Priyanka in a recent interview was also asked about starting a family with her husband, actor-singer Nick Jonas. Asked in a Sunday Times interview about how many children she wants, she replied, “A cricket team!”
Priyanka joked, "I do want children, as many as I can have. A cricket team? I’m not so sure.”
While Anushka has been on a nearly two-year sabbatical from acting, Priyanka has been more busy than ever. The actor ended 2020 with an appearance in We Can Be Heroes, a Netflix children's film directed by Robert Rodriguez, and recently wrapped filming Text for You, a romantic drama being shot in London. Next week, she will be seen in Ramin Bahrani's The White Tiger.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.