Radhika Madan: This new way of life is scary on its own
Last year, gave Radhika Madan time not just with family but with herself as well. “It grounded me and made me value things a lot, that way it was a good year,” she says, adding, “2020 was quite introspective and I got the chance to appreciate the little things in life which we take for granted - be it food, house or family. Covid-19 affected so many people and how! And, I feel privileged to have food on my plate or a roof over my head,” she philosophies.
This year, she has Shiddat ready for release and has shot for two projects, but can’t divulge anything till the official announcements are out. “I will be shooting for another project next month,so hopefully 3 to 4 projects of mine will be announced soon. I am looking forward four releases this year. I am glad that the roles and projects that I have, showcase me in roles that I haven’t done before. The audiences haven’t seen that side of me, so it should be interesting. I want to offer my audiences something fresh and new and unpredictable. That’s my aim and goal in my career,” says the actor, who marked her entry into Bollywood with Pataakha (2018) and Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota (2019).
Having already shot in Goa and Udaipur, including her debut web project, she will be shooting in Mumbai, next month. Talking about shooting in Covid times and travelling, she says, “Of course, we took all the necessary precautions. Even so, I was scared a lot initially but then I got used to it. Seeing my team dress up like aliens in the PPE suits is normal now. My team knows that set pe sanitising stuff is a must, temperature check hoga and Covid test hoga. It has become a habit. It has become a way of life and routine which is scary, in its own way.”
Interact with author on Twitter/@iamkav
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.