Tabu can't understand why female lust is seen as 'blasphemous' on screen
- Tabu has spoken about portraying unconventional characters and depicting complex relationships on screen. She said that she can't understand why there is a resistance about seeing seeing female lust on screen.
Actor Tabu has said that she knows a thing or two about the complexities of the human mind. And that is why she has played such diverse characters in her stories career.
Tabu in an interview said that she doesn't understand why there is a 'denial' about portraying certain things on screen.
She told The Times of India, "I know of the existence of complexities in the realm of the human mind and in relationships, and I don’t know why there has to be any form of denial in portraying that on screen."
She continued, "If you want to show lust where a woman is concerned, or greed for power, I don’t see it as wrong or blasphemous. I don’t understand why we have to wonder… aise kaisa ho sakta hai duniya mein (how can this happen in the world)? Who are we fooling? It is fine to have characters with all the correct moral values, I am a big fan of that, too. At the same time, I don’t see why all these intense emotions and unconventional relationships should not be explored on screen. In fact, I find it interesting and satisfying to delve into such roles. What is so indigestible about it? I don’t shy away from portraying unconventional relationships and characters on screen."
Tabu played 'unconventional' characters in Jawaani Jaaneman and A Suitable Boy, both of which released in 2020. In director Mira Nair's BBC television series, based on Vikram Seth's novel, the actor played a courtesan who falls for a much younger man, played by Ishaan Khatter. Ishaan in an interview admitted that it was ‘daunting’ to romance Tabu on screen.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.