When Shah Rukh Khan had wittiest comeback for anchor: 'First get rich, then become a philosopher'
- At a 2018 panel discussion, actor Shah Rukh Khan had a witty reaction when an anchor asked him about why he kept talking about 'profit' in a discussion about 'creativity'.
Actor Shah Rukh Khan had a quick response for news anchor Arnab Goswami at a panel discussion in 2018, when he was questioned about his stance on creativity and the business of filmmaking.
The discussion, titled 'Media: Shaping the Future of Information and Entertainment', saw Shah Rukh talk about how the relationship between the media and the film industry has evolved. "We should all collaborate on creativity," the actor said.
He continued, "All of should be collaborative, we should all be creative, and we should be fearless, because we are all in the same boat... There will be differences, but I think the digital world is going to make us collaborative, and the faster we all recognise it and make it profitable for us, the better it is..."
Arnab interjected, "Shah Rukh, you started by saying we are not businessmen we are content creators, you have mentioned profit three times in the last five minutes..." Shah Rukh replied, "Yaar, main bataun, gurbat mein creativity nahi hoti (an impoverished mind cannot be creative), I tell everyone, first get rich then become a philosopher."
In 2020, the two would face off again, but this time after Shah Rukh's production house, along with over 30 other film industry entities, filed a suit against news channels and four journalists, including Arnab, seeking to restrain them from making “irresponsible, derogatory and defamatory remarks” against the film industry. This came after the sustained media coverage of actor Sushant Singh Rajput's death, during which the plaintiffs said that “highly derogatory words and expressions (were used) for Bollywood” and listed terms like “dirt”, “filth”, “scum” and “druggies”.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.
Pranutan: What can I do if people want to believe in masala stories about nepotism, and not the truth
Anil Kapoor: Earlier it was like test match, today it’s IPL, the field is exciting for everyone in showbiz
- Janhvi Kapoor, who will be seen next in Roohi, said that viewers are not 'obligated' to love her and the onus is on her to give them a reason to. She added that she is working hard to win everyone over.
- Priyanka Chopra and her pet dog Diana are soaking up the sun in London, where the actor is shooting for the Amazon series Citadel, in which she plays a spy.
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.