Rakesh Roshan is all praise for Hrithik
When Rakesh Roshan, currently in Los Angeles, saw Jodhaa Akbar, he did what he had never done before. He told his son that he has given his best performance to date and the young star can't stop smiling.
"Dad completely floored me. He has never complimented me to my face," Hrithik told IANS.
"Whatever his opinion of my performance he never expressed it openly so far. It was always an understanding between us that he appreciated my performances. But this is the first time he has come out so openly to support my performance. I'm overwhelmed," he added.
Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, the magnum opus focuses on the formative years of Mughal emperor Jalaluddin Akbar and his marriage of alliance with Rajput princess Jodha. Hrihik is paired with Aishwarya Rai in the film and their chemistry is awesome.
The response to the film and to his performance has so far stunned Hrithik.
"People are saying such wonderful things. We wanted to make Akbar relatable to today's generation, and that's how he has turned out to be."
Speaking of how female fans have responded to his sinewy show of muscle power in the sword-practising sequence, Hrithik laughed: "Why shouldn't a woman in those Mughal times be shown deriving voyeuristic pleasure watching her husband exercising? The idea was to make Akbar a timeless creation.
"I was apprehensive about reactions. But it all turned out fine, finally. Thank god for that. The reviews have been very kind. We were lucky, I guess."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.