7 style tips to look good and stay warm in saris this winter
A new twist to your sari-draping tales will not just keep you warm this winter but will also make you stand out among a sea of anarkali suits and gowns at weddings.
You love wearing saris but the winter cold deters you from opting the six-yard wonder, right? A new twist to your sari-draping tales will not just keep you warm this winter but will also make you stand out among a sea of anarkali suits and gowns at weddings.
Here are some expert tips on how to drape your saris in winter:
* A smart way to drape a sari in winters is to add layers to your ensemble. You can wear a jacket or long coat in silk or velvet that keeps you on top of your fashion game as well as keeps you warm. Choose a brocade, embroidered or sequined jacket that goes with your plain sari.
* Keep the sari and jacket contrasting or opt for different tones of the same colour to keep your ensemble lively
* Look beyond woollen scarves to shield your neck from the chilly winds. You can wear a high-necked blouse or team your sari with a sweater. A sequined sweater or one with a little shimmer will beautifully complement your sari and add a distinct dimension to your ensemble.
* Club your formal black or grey blazer with a plain cotton sari and look on point at work
* Trench it! You can totally look chic in a sari by layering it with a crisp and classy trench coat. You can also wrap around a knitted muffler to add heaps of style to your look. The attire is perfect for work-wear.
* How about a woollen turtle neck blouse! Pick any of your turtle neck sweaters and team them up with your favourite saris. Go for a contrast while pairing up woollen blouses for saris. You can team up your magenta turtle neck sweater with a powder pink sari.
* For sporting some extra fall, layer your saris with a woollen waterfall shrug. Go for wintery hues like taupe, fawn, navy or the classy black.
— Inputs from Ritika Taneja, senior director, categories at ShopClues, and Natascha Tate, in-house stylist at LimeRoad.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more