College freshers, take note: Here’s how to dress on a budget and impress
Worried about what to wear to college? Here’s a guide to dressing chic and on a shoestring budget.fashion and trends Updated: Aug 09, 2017 09:41 IST
The first day is always special for new college kids. But many do face problems with the selection of clothes. Playing around with a basic cotton kurta or jazzing it up with jewellery can do the trick, say experts. Avneet Chadha, founder of Avneetc — Bespoke Styling and Rashma Sud, founder of the brand Rashma Sud Jewellery share tips on how to look good on the first day of college under budget:
* Play it chic: It is important to choose the right collection for your college days, as mix and match works wonders. Carry a scarf in your bag as you can match it with any of your clothes. Scarves won’t cost you more than 100 bucks and you can team it plain T-shirts. Spend the rest of the money on a pair of rugged jeans and ballerinas.
* Cotton kurtas: The basic cotton kurta will not cost you more than Rs 500, but make sure you buy a kurta which you can wear like a dress. Team up your dress or kurta with funky jewellery and a pair of flats.
* Slogan tees: The jazzed up look for a party night with your new friends can be completed with trendy slogan tees which are available online and offline. You can team them with your favourite black jeggings and palazzos.
* Be the Maxi queen: Beautiful maxi dresses are affordable at a price of Rs 500-700. Teaming the same with comfortable sandals and wearing a scarf can make the simple dress look more stylish.
* Glam it up with the right jewellery: Opt for boho chokers which will cost you Rs 150 and can be paired with almost everything. The second-best option are bead earrings which go well with all attires and will only cost you Rs 50.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more