Here's how to wave goodbye to winter feet
Now that the warmer months are upon us there's no more hiding neglected feet under socks and tights. But before you showcase your toe cleavage, consider this guide to getting sandal ready in three simple steps.
The dry, dead skin that accumulates on the soles of our feet and heels needs to be the first area of attention and can be banished with the help of a good pumice stone. These work best on wet skin or nails, so be sure to soak feet in warm water before you begin and remember not to rub too hard. For added softness, exfoliators containing sea salt or crushed berry seeds work well, while there are a host of homemade foot exfoliating recipes to be found online. This one uses easily accessible ingredients such as olive oil and honey:
File and buff
Lengthy talons may be having a renaissance on the runway right now thanks to trends such as the Louboutin manicure, but long toenails will always be a definite no no. Since toenails are normally thicker and stronger than fingernails, metal nail files are most effective. Remember to try and keep the shape square too, because rounding off too much can lead to ingrown nails. Once nails have a nice shape and size, smooth the toenail surface and help remove discolorations with the assistance of a toenail buffer.
Now that you have the perfect canvas for your nail art, why not seek inspiration from YouTube beauty guru LOVE4NAILS, whose channel offers an array of design ideas suitable for toenails, such as this pink rhinestone and stripes tutorial:
. If you want to match your toes to your fingernails, remember that trends for Spring/Summer 2012 include neutrals (seen at Rochas and Ralph Lauren), burgundy (seen at Donna Karan) and sky blue (which made an impact at Chanel's Spring/Summer 2012 Haute Couture catwalk show).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.
- Sohail Khan's son, Nirvan Khan attended Ibrahim Ali Khan's birthday bash wearing Salman Khan's denim jacket. The piece or art jacket is worth ₹1.2 lakh.
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.