International Men’s Day: Masculinity viewed through a new prism
International Men’s Day (IMD) is an annual event celebrated on November 19 to focus on men’s and boys’ health, improve gender relations, promote gender equality, and highlight male role models. With fashion strongly propagating gender-neutral offerings, it’s an interesting time to be in fashion and to let your creative freak flag fly high. Today pink is as masculine as navy. Sheer isn’t just synonymous with showbiz, but with the new-age proud peacocks, who like to express their emotions through clothing. Here’s toasting the new alpha male, who isn’t coy about donning a statement ear cuff and is man enough to sport dramatic eyeliner.
A bit of skin show never hurts. After all, the effort that you have put at the gym needs to show. A mesh shirt is impossibly of-the-moment. Tip: Wear a bomber over the mesh shirt if you are a little coy about showing off those abs.
Brocade spells brawn
Rock a pair of brocade pants like a pro by teaming it with a turtleneck and a velvet trench coat. Tip: You can also sport the look with the statement trench and a pair of denims. Or rock the brocade pants with a simple solid tee to radiate a glam-leisure vibe.
Ditch the predictable blacks and blues in favour of pale pink. Either pick rose pink or a hue of salmon and go tone on tone. Tip: If head-to-toe pink is not your thing, then break the monotony and wear your pink tee and bomber with a pair of black denims.
Real men rocks baubles
Jewellery can look fabulous on men if styled niftily. Here, the model wears a rust coloured twinset with gold ear cuffs to make a statement. Tip: You can also wear these gold ear cuffs with a complete black look to make it more impactful.
Dapper in drapes
A flowy stole doesn’t make you look any less masculine. Pick a dramatic silk stole and team it with printed pants and a waistcoat to lend it structure. Tip: You can wrap the stole in different styles. If you think it’s unmanageable then let it flow.
Photos: Prabhas Roy
Models: Vaibhav Anand, Kunal Sareen (Sky Model Management), Rishabh Thakur (Ninjas Model Management), Feelipe (Allure Talent) and Arjun Sahney
Fashion direction and styling: Akshay Kaushal
Concept: Manish Mishra
Hair and makeup: Ishani Sinha
Wardrobe: Suket Dhir, Good Earth, Dhruv Vaish, Paras Chawla and Sameer Madan
Accessories: Mirakin, Jeetinder Sandhu
Location courtesy: IBIS New Delhi, AerocityFollow more stories on Facebook and Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently took to Twitter and showed fans her new silver-framed spectacles. However, it was her stunning green well-fitted shirt that garnered all the attention.
- Shilpa Shetty is currently holidaying in the Maldives and giving us sartorial goals. The fashionista recently wore a gorgeous pink and yellow pleated saree dress worth ₹25k and looked absolutely fantastic.
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, who are expecting their second child together, made a surprise appearance at a recent virtual event. It was her gorgeous citrus print summer dress that stole the show.
- Bipasha Basu floods the Internet with sultry pictures straight from the Maldives beach in a black bikini layered with a barely buttoned-down cinnamon blue and ivory striped silk shirt dress which is a closet must-have for a summer or fall day | Check pictures and fashion cues inside
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra flaunts her summer body at the Maldives in a sultry leopard-print bikini and the Internet can’t keep calm, recreates her own filmy ‘shut up and bounce’ moment | Watch