Walk smart in high heels
Walking in high heels is all about pulling yourself a little and bringing in the element of elegance and grace into every step you take.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 20, 2010 01:21 IST
1. Walking in high heels is all about pulling yourself a little and bringing in the element of elegance and grace into every step you take. So, put your head up and push your shoulders back. Heels have the tendency to pitch your weight forward. The trick here is to simply straighten up and tighten your core. This offsets the pressure on your feet.
2. Forget taking long steps when slipping into heels. Switch over to baby steps. Walking in high heels gets a tad easy when you do, as it distributes your weight evenly on the ball of the foot and heel.
3. When walking in stilettos, splay your toes in the shoe slightly when your body weight shifts completely onto one foot. It helps by distributing weight onto the ball of the foot.
4. Swing your hips from side-to-side with small movements to make your walk attract attention. It also helps create more balance.
5. Make a smart choice when shopping for those pair of heels. The farther forward the inner arch of the shoe is, the lesser will be the chances of you losing balance.
First Published: Jun 19, 2010 17:46 IST