Today in New Delhi, India
May 21, 2019-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

2nd Division League final round: Hindustan FC, Real Kashmir FC seal late wins

Hindustan FC defeated TRAU FC 1-0, while Real Kashmir FC staged a dramatic late comeback to beat Ozone FC, on the opening day of the 2nd Division League final round

football Updated: May 24, 2018 20:28 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
2nd Division League,Hindustan FC,Real Kashmir FC
Hindustan FC left it late before 1-0 against TRAU FC on the opening day of the 2nd Division League final round.(AIFF - file photo)

Hindustan FC and Real Kashmir FC both left it late before sealing crucial victories on the opening day of the 2nd Division League final round, at the FSV Arena in Bengaluru on Thursday.

In the first match of the day, substitute Tushar Chaudhary scored in second half stoppage time to clinch a 1-0 win for Hindustan FC over Imphal-based Tiddim Road Athletic Union (TRAU) FC.

In a game where chances came at a premium for either side, the first real scoring opportunity fell to Princewill Emeka of TRAU, who forced Hindustan FC goalkeeper Mithun Samonto into a save after creating space for a shot.

Hindustan FC’s only chance in the first-half fell to Khusant Chauhan but he failed to control the ball and the opportunity went begging.

It finally took Tushar’s late intervention for the club from the national capital to seize all three points.

READ | Bengaluru FC face Altyn Asyr FK in AFC Cup inter-zone semifinal

In the second game of the day, Real Kashmir FC scored two late goals to come back from 2-1 down and notch a crucial win over local side Ozone FC.

Ozone took the lead in the 26th minute after Robert de Souza successfully converted a penalty. Their lead didn’t last long though, with Nadong Bhutia equalising for the Srinagar-based club 13 minutes later.

In the second half, Ozone regained their lead from a goalmouth melee in the 67th minute as their forward Sabeeth Sathyan slotted the ball into the back of the net.

A goal down, Real Kashmir pushed forward in search of an equaliser, and in the 89th minute, found the back of the net through a Ritwik Das header. With just seconds left on the clock, Real Kashmir scored again, this time through Kouassi Yao, to leave the game with all three points.

Hindustan FC will next face Ozone on Sunday, while Real Kashmir will take on TRAU on the same day.

First Published: May 24, 2018 20:27 IST