16-year-old girl's body with throat slit found in Rajasthan's Barmer
A 16-year-old girl was found dead with her slit throat on Monday morning in Rajasthan’s Barmer district, said police. Family members and locals have alleged that the minor was raped, but police said it could be confirmed only after the post-mortem.
Anand Sharma, superintendent of police, told HT that on Monday morning around 8.00 am Sheo police in Barmer got information about a body of a 16-year-old girl in a village.
According to Sharma, the deceased’s body was found just behind her home in an open ground.
Sharma further said that the deceased was living with her mother and two younger brothers. She lost her father a few years ago.
Police said that the family has not filed any case yet.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Vrindavan is home to thousands of widows who have either been abandoned by their families or are just alone in the world.
- Four Chhattisgarh legislators have contracted Covid-19 during the ongoing budget session of the legislative assembly which began on February 22.
- On March 2, the BJP leader had complained that a person was sending her lewd messages after she took a firm stand on death by suicide of a young woman from Pune, blaming a Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) minister for her death.
- As her demand evoked laughter among the members of the house, she said people anyway talk about equality. Notably, International Men’s Day is celebrated on November 19 around the world.
- PM Modi will travel to Dhaka to join celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh's independence in 1971