3 arrested for beating MP farmer to death
Three of the accused who allegedly lynched a farmer and seriously injured five others in tribal-dominated Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday have been arrested while six police personnel were suspended for dereliction of duty, police said on Thursday.
Dhar superintendent of police Aditya Pratap Singh said, “A special investigation team (SIT) has been constituted. Those arrested are Ramesh Junapani, a village sarpanch, Satya and Galia, all residents of Dhar. They led the mob. Police personnel suspended are inspector Yuvaraj Singh Chauhan and a sub-inspector, an assistant sub-inspector and three constables.” Health minister Tulsi Silavat said, “Over 40 people have been identified so far.” On Wednesday, Ganesh Patel, a resident of Shivkheda village in Ujjain was killed and the five other farmers were injured when some labourers, who owed them money, declared them child-lifters, said police. While the Congress alleged that Junapani was a BJP leader, BJP spokesperson Rajneesh Agrawal said, “The Congress is in habit of playing politics to distract the people.
(With input from Chhotu Shastri in Dhar)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- He will be admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as decided by his family members in consultation with the doctors of the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS).
- The district collectors, superintendents of police, district panchayat officers and other field-level officials also boycotted the video conference.
- The corps commander-level talks between the Indian Army and the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will be held at Moldo on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) on Sunday.
- In an unprecedented initiative, the Budget 2021-22 will be delivered in paperless form for the first time on February 1, 2021.
- Announcing Tharoor’s elevation, state election committee head Oommen Chandy said he will tour the state extensively and meet a cross-section of people including youngsters before preparing a manifesto.