Doctor who was stabbed 2 days ago by business partner, succumbs to injuries in Kerala
A woman doctor who was stabbed two days ago allegedly by her friend succumbed to her injuries on Sunday, police said. Dr Sona Jose (30) was stabbed by the accused in her clinic and she was undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Thrissur.
According to the police, the accused, who is also her business partner and friend M Mahesh, has been absconding since the incident. Three people had been running a dental clinic for the last two years and soon they developed serious differences. Later, Dr Sona and Dr Parvathi, her friend, filed a police complaint on Tuesday against Mahesh.
The police said Dr Sona Jose was stabbed while the three partners were having a conciliatory discussion in the clinic. Her relatives also filed a complaint against Mahesh saying he harassed her quite often. The police said Sona was separated from her husband two years ago and she stayed for some time with Mahesh. But after financial differences cropped up between them, she had shifted from his flat.
“We have launched a hunt for the accused. Preliminary reports suggest financial dealings were behind the murder,” said a senior police officer. Her relatives said despite filing a complaint, the police had failed to take any action. However, the officer said they had made a preliminary inquiry and was planning to summon the accused to the police station.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sixty-three-year-old Sasikala who also suffers from hypertension, diabetes and hypothyroidism was admitted to hospital with cough and fever.
- The Legislative Council chairman has asked the principal secretary to submit a report on the issue within seven days after a Congress member objected to the installation of Savarkar’s portrait in the Council picture gallery.
- A magisterial inquiry has been ordered in the matter, said the collector. Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also expressed his condolence after hearing about the accident.
- Police have not registered any case in this regard and said that they will record the women's statement on Thursday before launching an investigation.
- The Biden administration has signalled that it sees China as the main challenge and that it will work to enhance the partnership with India, including working together to ensure an open and secure Indo-Pacific.
- The police filed the charge sheet in the case on December 16, 2020 and charges were framed on December 24, 2020