Enforcement Directorate summons Shiv Sena MLA Pratap Sarnaik’s son
Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned Shiv Sena MLA Pratap Sarnaik’s son Vihang Sarnaik on Friday, in connection with raid conducted at Pratap Sarnaik’s residence.
He did not appear before the agency yesterday despite summons issued to him.
ED on Tuesday raided the office and residence of Pratap Sarnaik, during which they also detained his son Vihang Sarnaik, in connection with an alleged money laundering case.
Meanwhile, ED also arrested a close aide of Pratap Sarnaik named Amit Chandole, in an alleged money laundering case related to private company Tops Security.
Chandole, who is the promoter of Top Securities Group, was arrested after ED conducted searches at around 10 places in Mumbai and Thane on November 24 including Top Securities Group promoters and some politicians.
ED has found some evidence of suspicious transactions between the Tops Group and Pratap Sarnaik.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Harsh Vardhan said that 147 districts in the nation have not seen a case of Covid-19 in last 7 days.
- Announcing the decision to end the protest, BKU (Bhanu) president Thakur Bhanu Pratap Singh told reporters that he was deeply pained by whatever happened during the tractor rally in Delhi on Republic Day.
- The Gorakhpur temple trust has donated ₹50 lakh and ₹51 lakh has been donated by Gorakhnath temple in Devipatan, said a spokesperson of the Goraknath temple trust.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion at 9 AM. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- The Dhannipur project includes a mosque, hospital, museum, library, community kitchen, Indo-Islamic cultural research centre and a publication house.