India now has most daily Covid-19 deaths in world
India’s trajectory of deaths due to the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) is now the worst in the world and is continuously rising above the United States’ and Brazil’s, making it the country with the highest number of deaths. So far, there have been total 73,912 deaths in India.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The accused assaulted the girl late Monday night when she had gone to the family’s agricultural field to switch off a water pump.
- Sajjad Lone's Peoples' Conference decided to exit the Gupkar Alliance over the fielding of proxy candidates by constituent parties against the officially mandated candidates of the alliance during DDC elections
- People familiar with developments said on condition of anonymity that 100,000 doses of the Covishield vaccine would be provided to the Maldives on Wednesday.
- The armed forces on January 16 kicked off the first phase of the Covid-19 vaccine drive at multiple locations across the country including Ladakh, Delhi, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam where thousands of Covid warriors including military doctors, nurses and paramedics were vaccinated.
- This is the second time the apex court is suo moto examining pollution in river Yamuna.
- Assam had received 221,500 doses of vaccines-201,500 of them Covishield and 20,000 Covaxin-of the total 380,000 doses needed to vaccinate 190,000 health workers in the first stage.