Mann Ki Baat highlights: PM Modi says constructive criticism strengthens our democracy
In the previous episode of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme broadcast on April 30, Modi covered a range of subjects but underlined the importance of doing away with VIP culture.Updated: May 28, 2017 14:07 IST
Agencies, New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation in the 32nd episode of the monthly ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme, his first since completing three years in power.
In the previous episode of the programme broadcast on April 30, Modi covered a range of subjects but underlined the importance of doing away with VIP culture. “The concept of New India is EPI- Every Person is Important- instead of VIP,” he had said.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi’s address:
- India’s diversity is our strength.
- We are proud that people from all faiths live in India in a harmonious manner.
- I am happy that our young generation is keen to know about our history and sacrifices made by our freedom fighters.
- Connecting with nature is nothing but connecting with ourselves; It refreshes us.
- Constructive criticism strengthens our democracy.
- Yoga guarantees both wellness and fitness. I want people to send me pictures of 3 generations doing Yoga.
- There needs to be focus on waste management.
- 5th June is World Environment Day. This year the UN have chosen ‘Connecting People to Nature’ theme.
- If we protect our environment now, coming generations will be benefited.
- I am very happy people are evaluating our work in great detail. I welcome this.
First Published: May 28, 2017 11:06 IST