RSS decision-making body to hold annual meet in Bengaluru
The Akhil Bharatiya Pratinidhi Sabha (ABPS), the highest decision-making body of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), will meet on March 19 and 20 in Bengaluru.
The annual meeting, which will have in attendance the RSS brass and leaders of its 40-plus affiliates including the Bharatiya Janata Party president, was cancelled last year on account of the coronavirus pandemic. The meeting was also scheduled to take place in Bengaluru.
This year’s meeting was supposed to be held in Nagpur as every third year the meeting is held at the headquarters of the Sangh. However, a decision has been taken to hold the meeting in Bengaluru.
Elections to nominate new officer bearers are also conducted every third year. There is speculation that there could be changes in the roles of a few top functionaries at the ABPS this year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The state government had last year decided to cut 30 per cent salaries of its MLAs and suspend the MLALAD fund for two years to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The smartphone gift has links to the gold smuggling case that the Customs busted last July.
- Two groups had been trying to build a wall around a plot of land that is said to belong to a mutth.
- Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut dismissed the opposition's demand for an investigation into Mansukh Hiren's death by the NIA
- A statement form the Rajasthan Chief Minister's Office cited rising Covid-19 cases in the neighbouring states for the decision to insist on negative Covid reports for visitors.