Tripura policewoman among two held in drug smuggling case
Two people, including a Tripura police head constable, have been detained for questioning for their alleged involvement in drug smuggling racket. Gayatri Das, the head constable, has been suspended and an inquiry has been initiated against her. The second accused has been identified as Prashanta Chakraborty.
“ She Das as been detained and is being interrogated in connection with the investigation,” said assistant inspector general of police Subrata Chakraborty.
Two personal guards of minister Santana Chakma were earlier arrested with drugs in 2020.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The launch took place from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Transport commissioner Sanjeeb Panda and his IPS officer wife Santosh Bala (Home department special secretary), were in one of the three tents that caught fire.
- The petitioner had moved the high court in January this year after she was declared ineligible for admission to an undergraduate medical course as her left hand was amputated.
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.