5-year-old dead, 7-year-old injured after touching live wire in Agripada
Two minors were electrocuted after they touched a live wire in Agripada on Sunday.india Updated: Sep 05, 2011 01:42 IST
Two minors were electrocuted after they touched a live wire in Agripada on Sunday.
Sameer, a five-year-old and Waseem a seven-year-old, were playing near Jhula Maidan when they accidentally touched a live wire which was supplying power to a sugarcane stall close by, police said. While Sameer died on the way to Nair hospital, Waseem is currently undergoing treatment there.
“Around 5pm, the boys who were playing in the area, accidentally touched the wire. Sameer suffered burns as a result and Waseem too was burned before the stall owner managed to switch off the main switch. We are looking into the matter,” said Prakash Dound, sub-inspector, Agripada police station.
An accidental death report had been lodged, police said.
“Only if preliminary investigations show foul play or negligence on the part of the stall owner, will we lodge an FIR. It looks like the insulation on the wire had ruptured, resulting in a short-circuit due to dampness. But no conclusions can be drawn yet,” said an officer of Agripada police station.
First Published: Sep 05, 2011 01:41 IST