75 ill after gas leak in Rudraprayag
As many as 75 people were taken ill after leakage of some gaseous substance in the district.
The incident took place at around 8 pm, Superintendent of Police Hukum Singh said, adding that the poisonous gas, suspected to be ammonia or chlorine, soon spread in the local market leading to suffocation and some people getting unconscious.
Due to darkness the place of origin of the leakage could not be ascertained.
The affected people have been shifted to hospitals, he said.