Army officer washed away in flash floods in J&K
A senior army official on Wednesday died after being washed away by flash floods in Nagrota area of Jammu district.
"Lt Col Indranuj Drogohasin was washed away by flash floods, while he was engaged in repairing work on a causeway at Nagrota," Spokesman Col S D Goswami told PTI.
The army had launched a rescue operation soon after the incident around 6 am, but could not save the officer, he said.
The 41-year-old from Assam was working with Nagrota based 16 corps headquarters.
His body was later fished out from the tributary of Tavi river, the spokesman said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Khan won from the Chainpur Assembly seat on a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) ticket in the 2020 assembly elections and is all set to join JD-U soon.
- Since January 16, a total of 10,514 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in Uttarakhand in 171 sessions.
- The PM is scheduled to address a public rally at Jerenga Pathar in Sivasagar district on Saturday and distribute land allotment certificates to over 1,06,000 landless people.
- The petitioner, had joined the 3-year law course at Law Centre-II of the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in August 2016. She was a married woman who attended the evening law course and successfully cleared three semesters. In the fourth semester, she became pregnant and could not attend classes.
- The child-friendly police station has been developed under an initiative by the state commission for protection of child rights and police to provide a friendly environment to the children on the streets to prevent them from stepping into the world of crime.