Budget hotels for affordable vacations
Wish to go on a vacation but don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket by overspending on luxurious hotels? You can save on shelling out money on lavish hotels and instead opt for budget options. Budget Hotels is a booming sector in hospitality with a plethora of options available both in India and abroad.india Updated: Sep 23, 2011 03:14 IST
Wish to go on a vacation but don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket by overspending on luxurious hotels? You can save on shelling out money on lavish hotels and instead opt for budget options. Budget Hotels is a booming sector in hospitality with a plethora of options available both in India and abroad.
Such hotels are not only inexpensive but will also give you the real taste and flavour of the destination you plan to visit. Make sure you don’t go wrong by selecting wisely and keeping in mind the following points before finalising on any of the hotels:
1. Location: Instead of booking resorts and luxury hotels which are usually far removed from tourist spots, find a budget hotel near the nerve centre of the city, near bus stations and railway stations. This will help you save on transport and lodging and also commuting to the tourist spots will become a whole lot easier.
2. Prior booking: Always ask for a written confirmation from budget hotels when it comes to booking, well in advance. Try booking hotels online from travel portals as they give you a confirmation and also intimate you well in advance in case of unavailability of room and sometimes, even find you a replacement. Online travel bookings are hassle free and time saving.
3. Amenities: Do make sure that you inquire about the amenities that the hotel provides like Wi-Fi system, television, in-room mini bar, if pets are allowed, running hot water, if there are special provisions for physically handicapped etc.
4. Meal plans: Some hotels allow you to opt out of meal plans. Since the hotel food is generally quite expensive and opting out will reduce costs considerably. With bill, comes a good amount of tax as well. So wiser option is to venture out during meal times and savor authentic local food. You can check out various street side joints and that too without putting hole inh your pocket.
5. Taxes: This is a very important thing to kep in mind, make it a rule to always ask if the package includes taxes, and what percentage of taxes will charged on the total package; because often hotels tend to charge an obscene amount of money on food and alcohol and other facilities like spa and gym.