Can’t see an exciting Argentina team losing
With the Germany-England tie so early in the competition, it makes this World Cup all the more exciting. England are one of the favourites and although they played below par in the first two games, we saw that they have the potential.
Germany too are a strong team. Against Australia they showed that they have the ability to destroy good teams. England surprised everyone by dropping points against USA and Germany lost to Serbia, but such is football. I feel this game is very evenly balanced.
Both teams are defensively strong. John Terry is a leader at the back for England, Philipp Lahm is the same for Germany. In the midfield, they have experienced players like Gareth Barry and in Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard they have proven goal-scorers.
For Germany, there are fitness concerns with Boateng, Schweinsteiger and Ozil. Klose and Podolski are able to open defence but England also have a special forward in Rooney.
Germany will have more possession, while England will move the ball forward faster, and chances will be few. If they are to win, England know they must do it in extra-time. History shows that matches between Germany and England often end equal.
Argentina vs Mexico is easier to call, although we have seen in this World Cup that no team is safe from a surprise result. Mexico are fluid, they move the ball well and create chances. Striker Carlos Vela should be fit after getting injured against France.
Argentina have lit up the WC with their cavalier attacking style. In Lionel Messi, they have a very special player, and with him in the team, a match is never lost before the final whistle. In Gonzalo Higuain, they have another world-class forward.
This should be an exciting game, perhaps closer than many people feel, but it's difficult to comprehend Argentina losing.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.
- BJP MLAs supported the bill and called it a gift for women on the occasion of Women’s Day
- The technology requires telecoms companies to scrub messages to verify if the text being sent has been approved and it is only being sent to someone who has consented to receive such a message.
- Throughout the day, women protesters organised marches at the sites while wearing yellow, green scarves
- Responding to HT on Monday, CPWD denied all allegations that the waste from the Central Vista construction site was being dumped on the floodplains.
- Two women officers each have been assigned duties aboard INS Vikramaditya and INS Shakti.
- The fire had broken out at the 13th floor of the Eastern Railway’s office in the evening.
- The apex court framed this as one among the several questions to be decided while considering the constitutional validity of a 2018 Maharashtra law.
- The tragedy reportedly took place when an excavator was digging a drain near the boundary wall of the school.
- The Iranian embassy said it "strongly repudiates any unsubstantiated allegations or irresponsible comments in this regard and considers them as steps towards realising the sinister intentions of the enemies of Iran-India relations”.
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration during a verification drive on Saturday sent 169 illegal immigrant Rohingyas to a ‘holding centre’ after they were found without valid travel documents.