‘Can’t understand why a student would erase what she wrote’
What you have to say about Pooja Soni case? How often do you hear about such issues?
This is a unique case. We do get cases where people deny having written the paper after looking at their answersheets. But confusion in the use of ‘pen’ or ‘pencil’ makes this case distinctive. Even for us, it is hard to understand why a student would erase her own answers. It is mandatory for students to either use blue or black ink .
What is the role of parents in such cases?
Expectation of parents bothers students the most. Many times, parents have forced children to choose a career of their choice. Parental expectations should stay on par with a student’s performance.
What is the role of board in such cases?
People should have faith in the system. We have been working for students’ future for years. Their failure is our failure. The girl might have got nervous at the time of the examination. We have been handling large number of students. We will not do anything against them.
What do you feel about the overall results for Classes 10 and 12 this year?
The results have improved this year for both board exams. The pass percentage for Class 10 was recorded at 98.76% this year -- up from 88.84% in 2009 (where there was no CCE). For Class 12, the number of students scoring 50% and above stands at 7,231 up by over 62% from previous years.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The biosphere reserve spread over an area of 5569 sq km contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country having the largest zone of Sal trees.
- For the first time, junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and jawans are taking part in the top conference, as reported by Hindustan Times on Wednesday.
- According to the IMD's forecast, Friday and Saturday may see higher daytime temperatures that could rise to 39 degrees Celsius.
- A police officer said that the complainant's status as witness in the case of alleged sexual exploitation against former minister Ramesh Jarkiholi is also unclear.
- On Wednesday, the Centre had submitted a note prepared by Department of Financial Services (DFS) which did not agree with the Court’s suggestion to create additional courts as a solution to curb high pendency of Section 138 cases.
- Indore was ranked the ninth-best city among cities with over a million population.
- Pradhan, who has written at least three letters to Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik demanding immediate implementation of 27 per cent quota for OBC category, in a statement said that his demand for reservation in jobs and education remain unaddressed till date.
- General Bipin Rawat said the Indian armed forces face greater challenges than any other military in the world and India urgently needs to bring about structural reforms in higher defence and operational organisations.