Cobra Beer among best small company | india | Hindustan Times
  • Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 19, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Cobra Beer among best small company

Cobra Beer has been named as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to work for in Great Britain.

india Updated: Mar 09, 2006 18:56 IST
UK Bureau

Cobra Beer has been named as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to work for in Great Britain.

It was placed 35th in the 2006 annual listing, published in the paper. This is the third consecutive year Cobra has been listed in the top 100 Small-to-Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

Cobra was in the top ten of no fewer than five of the categories companies are assessed on. Around 91 per cent of Cobra employees claim to have fun whilst working and 89 per cent are proud to work for the company, putting Cobra in eight and ninth places respectively in these areas.

In addition, 93 per cent of staff profiled said they are excited about where the company is going, meaning Cobra was third in this category.

Karan Bilimoria, founder and chief executive of Cobra Beer, said, "We are delighted to be recognised by our employees and the Best Companies as being one of the UK's best SMEs to work for the third year in a row. It is always so rewarding for us to be recognised by The Sunday Times, because creating an environment where people and ideas can flourish is something we have always been passionate about. Through an open office culture, shared decision-making and lifelong training we have been able to harness the drive and enthusiasm of all our employees.

"We strive to be different and better in everything we do, and encouraging that entrepreneurial spirit at every level of the company has been, I believe, one of the great secrets of our success. This accolade is a tribute to every member of the Cobra family."

The Best Companies final listings were based on the responses of 19,803 employees from SMEs all over the country and each year the survey is open to all companies with between 50 and 249 employees, and the result is the most comprehensive audit of the workplace culture in small companies. This year the number of companies participating grew by over 50 per cent.

Heavily based on employee research and feedback, the list measures leadership inspiration and style, training and development, benefits, personal development, teamwork, community and charitable work, work/life balance and vision and values. The list also seeks to give recognition to companies highlighted by their employees for providing a top work environment where they can feel rewarded, appreciated and encouraged to develop.

The Sunday Times survey is very much based on the premise that employees give the greatest insight into what it is actually like to work for a particular company and with this in mind the list places great emphasis upon what employees said about the organisation, with 80 per cent of a company's score being based upon employee response. The remaining 20 per cent comes from an evaluation of various aspects of workplace culture, including benefits, company policy, vision, values and workplace facilities.