Drunk students hit pedestrians; ten injured
Two students suspected to be in an inebriated state allegedly ran over ten people standing on the roadside in suburban Malad area, leaving 10 of them injured.
The accident occurred last night when a car carrying five students hit three auto rickshaws and then rammed into the people on the roadside, police said.
All the students were suspected to be drunk, they said.
Two of them have been arrested while three are absconding. The injured have been admitted to a hospital.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.