Today in New Delhi, India
May 22, 2019-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Having baby after so long but...

We got married in 1996. Now, after so many years, my wife has conceived! But, there are problems to deal with...

india Updated: Mar 13, 2006 19:19 IST


Having baby after so long but...

I got married in 1996 and have a fantastic married life. My age is 33 and my wife's age is 30. After a childless marriage for two years, we went to a gynecologist. After an in-depth treatment, in 2002 March, my wife conceived and was advised complete bed rest. Unfortunately, in July 2002, she had to go for an abortion due to cervical problem. We kept a gap of one year and she conceived again. It is almost four months now. She has been given cervical stitch after three months of pregnancy and is under complete bed rest. Two weeks back, she complained of severe pain on the left leg and we consulted our gynecologist and after a Doppler test, it has been observed that she had blood clotting on her veins. We went to a cardiologist who suggested that my wife should be admitted to the ICU to dissolve the clotting. However after few days, she was discharged from the hospital as she became normal and has been advised to take 'Clexane 6 mg' (precaution for clotting) injection. My question is whether there is any chance of repetition of blood clotting in future? Will injection cause any problem to the baby? Can we go for some Homeo (known to be a non-side effect medicine) specialist to have some treatment to avoid blood clotting again? We have suffered enough (financially, mentally) due to the above incidents and are taking this as a very precious pregnancy. Undoubtedly, your expert reply will help us in deciding.


Facial hair embarrasses me

I am facing a very embarrassing problem of extra facial hair. Is there any healthy way to get them removed? One of my friends has recommended laser treatment. How effective and expensive is it? How much does the procedure cost and which is the best place in Delhi to get it done?


You want to discuss your problems. Submit your question


Is penis enlargement helpful?

I have seen lot of advertisements on the Internet about medicines for penis development. Are these medicines helpful? Do they actually capable of enhancing the size or is it just a gimmick? Please let me know.


Reply From Dr. Prem Lata Chawla:
There is no need for penis enlargement as length of the penis is not related to sexual pleasure. All the advertised medicines are gimmicks for making quick money by conmen.


My hands tremble

I am a 26-year-old unmarried man, working with an MNC. Sometimes my hands tremble. I have this problem from last 10 years. Three and half years back I visited a psychiatrist. He said I am suffering from mild depression and put me on some medication, which included Inderal, and some anti-depressants. I took that medication for six months. It showed positive effects and the trembling ceased to a large extent. But, now from past one month, my hands have started to tremble again. What is the permanent solution to this? Trembling occurs when I am with a group of people or when I am nervous. Sometimes I feel very confused. A lot of thoughts come to my mind simultaneously. This also has effect on my sleep. Is it advisable to be on psychiatric medicines for a long time? Please advise.


Reply From Dr. Prem Lata Chawla:
You should see your Psychiatrist all over again as you have symptoms suggestive of Depression. For recurrent depressions, one should be on a continuous treatment.


First Published: Mar 13, 2006 19:19 IST