Hisar gangrape: Efforts stepped up to nab the main accused
Efforts have been steeped up to trace down the key accused in Hisar Dalit gangrape case, police said today, adding that additional force has been deployed in the victim's village to ensure law and order.india Updated: Sep 25, 2012 16:30 IST
Efforts have been steeped up to trace down the key accused in Hisar Dalit gangrape case, police said today, adding that additional force has been deployed in the victim's village to ensure law and order.
"So far we have arrested two youths. The efforts are on to arrest the remaining accused. We have got clues and eight teams have been sent to various places to nab them. We hope they will be arrested soon," Hisar SP B Satheesh Balan said.
Balan said additional force has been deployed in Dabra village and security is being given to the victim's family.
Police had made the first arrest in the case on Saturday, while another accused was nabbed yesterday based on inputs obtained during interrogation.
The district administration had yesterday announced government job to the son of Krishan, the victim's father who had committed suicide after the incident.
Meanwhile, Opposition leader Ajay Chautala reiterated his demand for immediate arrest of all the accused in the case.
He alleged crime against women have gone up in the state in recent times.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her obscene pictures, following which her shocked father committed suicide on September 18.
The incident had sparked furore as irate residents of Dabra village had staged protest demanding immediate arrest of people accused in the crime.
A case was registered by the police under Sections 376 and 306 of IPC (rape and abetment to suicide).
First Published: Sep 25, 2012 16:27 IST