India to bid for 2020 Olympic Games
India will bid for the 2020 Olympic Games, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Suresh Kalmadi said in New Delhi on Saturday.
"India will bid for the Olympics in 2020. The process will start soon after the 2010 Commonwealth Games," Kalmadi said at the inauguration of the Indian Olympic Bhawan by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The prime minister wished IOA luck for the Olympic bid while calling for a "nation wide movement of youth in sports".
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bharatiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Singh Tikait warned that if needed, their tractors would reach the Parliament to press the government for the repeal of contentious farm laws.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections