Instructors leave city, AI pilots left untrained
National carrier Air India's plan to operate Boeing 787, the fuel-efficient Dreamliner aircraft, on the Mumbai-London and Delhi-Melbourne-Sydney routes is not likely to take-off this year as pilot training for aircraft stopped abruptly on Wednesday.
According to sources, six instructors sent by Boeing to provide line training to AI pilots left the city on Wednesday before completing the process.
Line training a part of flight training, in which an instructor pilot occupies the co-pilot’s seat and monitors the commander's flying skills.
The stoppage of training has left at least 14 sets of 787 pilots unfit for flying along.
“The Boeing instructors were hired for 600 man hours which roughly corresponds to 90 days. How could the airline let them off after barely a month?” said a senior commander, requesting anonymity.
“The civil aviation minister had announced that these flights would start by November, but poor training management has delayed the operations,” said another senior flight operation official.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Protest enters Day 96, stalemate continues between protesting farmers' unions and Centre.