Kesco employee suffers electric shock, injured
A KESCO employee sustained serious burn injuries after he suffered an electric shock while repairing a technical fault in a transformer at Rambagh here on Monday.india Updated: Nov 14, 2006 00:07 IST
A KESCO employee sustained serious burn injuries after he suffered an electric shock while repairing a technical fault in a transformer at Rambagh here on Monday.
The employee was identified as Nantul (35) posted at Ram Bagh sub-station. Severely injured Nantul was rushed to a nearby nursing home where his condition is stated to be critical.
According to a staff member of the substation at around 11 am gang members went to attend a complaint relating to a fault in a transformer installed near a Mosque at Ram Bagh.
While repairing work was in progress, power supply to the transformer was resumed without informing the gang members. Nantul’s colleague said that he was about to finish the repairing work when power supply to the transformer was restored resulting in electric shocks to him.
After receiving electric shocks, Nantul fell from the ladder and lost conciousness. The incident created panic in the area and local residents along with members of the gang rushed Nantul to a nearby nursing home.
Doctors attending Nantul said that his entire back portion was severely burnt and has turned black due to electric shock. However, he was out of danger, the doctors said.
In past also several incidents of injuries to Kesco employees have taken place while attending a fault.
Despite repeated accidents no efforts have been made by Kesco management to check such incidents.
However, when inquired Assistant General Manager of the Zarib Chowki sub-station AK Singh denied any such incident. “No such incident has come to my knowledge, “ stated Singh.
First Published: Nov 14, 2006 00:07 IST