Kidney scam: hearing on July 16
Three anaesthetists, accused by the CBI in the kidney scam case, were today produced in a local court, which adjourned the hearing till July 16.
Dr Surj, Dr Upender and Dr KK Aggarwal were produced in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Parveen Kumar. Main accused in the scam Dr Amit and his brother Dr Jeevan were not present in the court.
The CBI has already filed a chargesheet in the case. Arguments on framing charges against the accused will be begin in the court of a Special CBI Judge.
The CBI has listed nine accused in its chargesheet. Nurse Linda, employed in Dr Amit's hospital at Gurgaon, is the loan female accused in the case.
A laboratory assistant, two drivers and kidney agent are the other accused.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.