Maharashtra: Short circuit sparks fire in Amravati, 100 shanties gutted
More than 100 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in the slum area of Maharashtra’s Amravati on Wednesday night.india Updated: Dec 31, 2015 14:14 IST
More than 100 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in the slum area of Maharashtra’s Amravati on Wednesday night.
According to reports, a short-circuit at around 8.15 pm in one of the shanties in Amravati’s Vilas Nagar slum area sparked the fire which engulfed an LPG cylinder. The cylinder blast spread fire to nearby houses in which other cylinders went off.
Over 100 shanties gutted as fire breaks out in slum area of Maharashtra's Amravati, fire tenders dousing the flames. https://t.co/oRlzBSc9CN— ANI (@ANI_news) December 30, 2015
As many as 10 cylinders blasted as the fire became massive gutting more than 100 shanties. Heavy damage was reported till the fire tenders reached the spot. No casualties were reported but many were left stranded in the cold outside.
First Published: Dec 31, 2015 14:14 IST