Mittal claims securing 92% of Arcelor shares
Mittal Steel said on Wednesday it had secured 92 per cent of the shares in Arcelor as Mittal moves towards completing its $32.88 billion takeover of its European rival.
"I am delighted at this result which is a resounding endorsement of the strategic logic and value of the merger of Mittal Steel and Arcelor, a truly industry transforming deal," Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman and Chief Executive of Mittal Steel, said in a statement.
"We are very excited about our future as one company and believe this strong vote of confidence from shareholders paves the way for a speedy integration process, allowing us to realise the full benefits of working together as the undisputed world steel leader," he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Hindustan Times had first reported last month that the cranes were set to be delivered in January.
- The Shiv Sena which is a marginal force in West Bengal, is aiming to punch much above its weight.
- BJP parliamentarian from Maharashtra Manoj Kotak and West Ghatkopar MLA Ram Kadam demanded a ban on the series.
- HT had reported on Wednesday that the panel was mulling the decision in the wake of the privacy concerns surrounding WhatsApp’s new policy.
- Chinar Corps commander Lt Gen BS Raju said the Line of Control remains fairly active because of Pakistan's attempts to push in terrorists.