Mozart concerto is UK's favourite: Poll
A concerto by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is the most popular classical piece of music amongst the British, according to a poll by radio station Classic FM released on Tuesday.
The Austrian-born composer's "Clarinet Concerto" in A major topped the broadcaster's annual survey, knocking Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto Number 2 into second spot after five years at the head of the chart.
Mozart, with 24, also had the most entries in the Top 300 this year, the 250th anniversary of his birth.
Elgar was the most popular British composer, polling nine entries, one more than Vaughan Williams, whose The Lark Ascending came in at the third place
The Armed Man -- A Mass for Peace by Karl Jenkins, in 10th, was the highest ranked work by a living composer.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.