NDFB(S) chief didn’t order attack on adivasis, say cops
Assam police on Friday claimed that the chairman of the banned Bodo militant outfit, IK Sangbijit, had not approved cadres for the massacre.india Updated: Jan 03, 2015 00:20 IST
There appear to be differences among the leadership of banned NDFB (National Democratic Front of Bodoland- Sangbijit faction) over the December 23 attacks on adivasi people in Sonitpur and Kokrajhar districts. Assam police on Friday claimed that the chairman of the banned Bodo militant outfit, IK Sangbijit, had not approved cadres for the massacre.
“There was no approval of NDFB(S) chairman IK Sangbijit for the massacre of adivasi people. It was an order of the militant outfit’s commander B Bidai to carry out the attack,” said SN Singh, IG (law and order) of Assam police.
Though police maintained tight-lipped on details of the Ndfb(S), security agencies intercepted conversations between top leadership which confirmed the differences.
Singh said that over 100 persons had been arrested for their involvement in violent incidents in the aftermath of the December 23 attacks.
Meanwhile, the Assam government is making efforts to bring back people who had fled to West Bengal after violence in Kokrajhar district, Assam commissioner & secretary (home) Prateek Hazela said on Friday.
The Mamata Banerjee government had set up relief camps for the violence-affected, however, Assam CM Tarun Gogoi expressed concern over West Bengal officials not allowing Assam officials to visit the relief camps. “The matter has been taken up at highest official level. Within two-three days, the matter will be solved,” said Hazela.