Solution to Kashmir issue must for growth of region: Mufti
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday said the solution of the Kashmir issue was important for overall growth and development of the sub-continent.
"Solution of Kashmir problem is not only in the interest of people of the state but resolution of this issue would also facilitate growth and development in the entire south Asia," Sayeed said addressing a party meeting in Jammu.
He said India's efforts to become an economic power would suffer if Kashmir problem remained unsolved.
Instead of sticking to the stated position, the government should come forward with fresh approach for restoring peace process, the PDP leader said.
He said violence and war were not solution of any problem and the composite dialogue between India and Pakistan was must for solving the issue. "India has an appropriate opportunity to solve Kashmir problem by restarting peace process with Pakistan."
PDP's formula was the practical solution to address both external and internal dimensions of Kashmir problem, he claimed.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- A Guntur district official said the two hillocks were located at a distance of a one-and-a-half kilometre.