The business of media
This book is an ideal companion for students, analysts, media professionals and media watchers.india Updated: May 24, 2006 18:43 IST
The Indian Media Business, Second Edition
Publisher: Response Books
Price: Rs 395
This revised edition of this best-selling book presents a comprehensive analysis of the current state of the Indian media industry. It covers all the seven major segments - print, television, films, music, radio, Internet and telecommunications. With revised and updated statistics , Vanita Kohli-Khandekar presents a strong and well-researched guide to the difficult dynamic terrain of the Indian media business.
With several new topics and updated information, this revised edition of The Indian Media Business constitutes a solid foundation for understanding the business dynamics and concepts of media industries and issues in the converging media environment. New to this edition are:
• A comprehensive history and up-to-date mapping of the Indian media industry
• Detailed statistics on each industry segment
• Incisive analyses and insights into new trends
• New chapters on the nascent domains of telecommunications and the Internet
• A survey of the mechanics of media buying and selling.
From the battleground of TV ratings to radio licenses in the FM arena, and from remixes to ring-tones, this book combines data with rigorous analysis to offer a complete introduction to the media scenario in India.