Hike in petroleum prices a cruel joke with common man: Mulayam
Terming the hike in prices of petroleum products as a "cruel joke" with common people, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, on Saturday, demanded an immediate withdrawal of the decision.
"The Centre has failed to check prise rise and yesterday's decision to hike prices of petroleum products is a cruel joke with the common and poor people of the country. It should be rolled back immediately," Yadav said in a statement.
Alleging that crores of people in the country were being forced to sleep without food, the SP leader said, "But this government (Centre) is not concerned about the common people, while crores of rupees are being spent over the Commonwealth Games," he alleged.
Yadav said while farmers were not getting Minimum Support Price for their produce, the Union government was not concerned about these burning issues. "To protect the interest of a handful of people, the Centre has turned a blind eye to crores of people and this is evident from the hike in petroleum prices which will add to the wealth of around two dozen industrial houses," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team
- The court observed that there was a possibility that the mother could be convicted and the adverse impact of the event, if it were to come to pass, would far outweigh the transitory benefit the minor would derive from her mother's care and company.
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.
- Neeraj Kundan also lauded NSUI for winning two important posts in the recently held student union’s election at Kashi Vidyapeeth.
- Instructions have been given to the tourism department officials to prepare the detailed project report for the tent city in Varanasi.