Eat your way to better health: Why you should gorge on these 7 Indian chutneys
They’re yummy and they’re actually good for you. What more could you possibly want? Here’s how desi chutneys do wonders.more lifestyle Updated: Dec 14, 2017 14:20 IST
Chutneys not only transform the taste of what we eat but also have a variety of benefits ranging from soothing the tummy to being a detox agent. Swami Padmaprakasha Jnana Thapaswi, In-Charge of Santhigiri Ashram lists the different kinds of chutneys and their health benefits.
* Pudina Chutney - Mint leaves play a vital role in promoting digestion, reducing inflammation and soothing the stomach. They can also enhance appetite and cure diseases like nausea.
* Curry Leaves Chutney - Curry leaves are a rich source of iron and folic acid. Folic acid is mainly responsible for carrying and helping the body to absorb iron. It is your one-stop natural remedy to beat anemia.
* Emblica Chutney- It is a rich source of vitamin C that helps in improving immunity and even lowers the level of sugar in blood to control diabetes. Amla stimulates the pancreas, which further regulate the suitable secretion of insulin hormone.
* Coriander Leaves Chutney - To promote digestion, coriander leaves are the perfect remedy. They are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, among others. These nutrients are beneficial for people with diabetes. It can stimulate the insulin secretion and lowers the blood sugar level.
* Adamant Creeper Chutney - Adamant Creeper Chutney is useful for ulcer, constipation and piles. Since it is difficult to make young children eat pirandai thogayal, try to give them pirandai in the form of vathal. Including pirandai vathal in their diet on a regular basis will prevent children from getting stomach disorders.
* Onion and Garlic (Allium cepa and sativum) Chutney - It is used for digestion and piles problems. Garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that helps in lowering cholesterol.
* Tomato Chutney - This chutney provides vitamins and glutathione. These glistening red bundles are storehouses of health. Tomato chutney offers great relief from life threatening diseases like cancer and enables a person to live a longer and healthier life.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Dec 14, 2017 14:19 IST