Music, food, theatre: 10 things to do in Mumbai this weekend
Your weekend, our guideHT48HRS_Special Updated: Oct 13, 2016 21:27 IST
FRIDAY, October 14
1) Music: Desi Bass: Musician Su Real will perform his signature sounds from the album Twerkistan. The album sheds light on the prevailing cross-border tensions between India and Pakistan.
Where: Anti Social, Ram Krishna Nagar, Khar (W); Call: 6522 6324; Price:Rs 300; When: 9.30pm
2) Food: Italian fare: Choose from handcrafted pizzas such as pizza rustica, teriyaki pizza, Indian delight and fiesta pizza, and a series of signature cocktails inspired from across the world.
Where: Skyzone, High Street Phoenix Mall, Lower Parel; Call: 6636 6636; Price: Rs 2,000 onwards; When:12pm onward
3) Film: The Sax in the City: Watch a documentary about a man from the Koli community. Learn how he discovered jazz music and went on to experiment with the saxophone.
Where: Little theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point;Call: 2282 4567;Entry: Free; When: 6:30pm
SATURDAY, October 15
4) Music: Live concert: Singer Shaan will perform some of his classic hits: from Om Shanti Om to It’s the Time to Disco.
Where: Dublin Square, Level 1, Phoenix Marketcity, Kurla; Call: 6180 1100; Price: Rs 500 onwards; When: 7pm Onwards
5) Music: Paddy Fields: Indian folk meets contemporary fusion as musicians such as Mame Khan, Colonial Cousins, and Papon perform through the weekend.
Where: Bombay Exhibition Centre, off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (E) ;Call: 6645 0123;Price: Rs 1,150 onwards;When: 6pm
6) Event: Bazaar and Bling Pop up: Try your hand at painting, and shop for clothes and home decor products..
Where: Candies, Pali Hill, Bandra (W);Call: 6454 8821;Price: Free;When: 11am onward
SUNDAY, October 16
7) Art: Small Art - Bigger Talent: The exhibition features 23 artists from across Mumbai. The work includes portraits, landscapes, abstract and modern art, and freestyle.
Where: Cymroza Art gallery, 72 Bhulabhai Desai Road, Breach Candy;Call: 98201 48450; Entry: Free; When:11am onward
8) Food: New menu: Choose from hummus-flavoured ice cream, sushi roll made with gooey biscotti cookie ice cream, and sugar-free chocolate ice cream.
Where: Papacream, Cambatta Building, JT Road, Churchgate;Call: 6517 7272; Price: Rs 400 onwards; When: 10:30am onward
9) Food: Festive Fare: Dig into lacto-fermented salad, rajgira paniyaram with Sri Lankan coconut chutney, and cottage cheese frikadeller with curried tomato, among others.
Where: NRI, Maker Maxity, Bandra Kurla Complex; Call: 3000 5040;Price: Rs 2,000 onwards;When: 11am onward
10) Theatre: The Interview: The play addresses the gap between our education system and what employers expect from new employees. The story revolves around a graduate who is not prepared for his first job.
Where: The Cuckoo Club, next to Candies, Pali Hill, Bandra (W); Call: 96199 62969; Price: Rs 300; When: 7.30pm