Scented candles, colourful cushions: Here’s how to get your home festive ready
Here are some simple and smart tips to give your interiors a festive touch without spending a fortune.Updated: Sep 09, 2017 11:37 IST
Dussehra and Diwali are around the corner, and now is the time to get your home festive ready. Here are some simple and smart tips to give your interiors a festive touch without spending a fortune.
* Use traditional hand-crafted fabrics and prints as wall hangings, bed and cushion covers. Silks, chanderi, fabrics with batik or block prints and zari embroidery are all the rage. You can also add some traditional carpets.
* Use copper and brass crockery when guests come calling.
* Add mirrors with embellished or copper-toned frames to add a little bling to your interiors.
* Instead of painting the whole house, use one prominent wall and paint it with a pretty motif or adorn it with a decal or wall hanging to add to the festive spirit.
Here is another mood of the same place that I had shown yesterday. Did you notice how lights can change the look and feel of any space. Warmth added by fairy lights is just enough to make the home festival ready!!! On a different note 3D just hit the mark of 10K followers and it's time to celebrate. Be ready for some exciting giveaways. . I already have few sponsors but in case any brand out there wants to sponsor the giveaway please DM me. . ________________________________________________ #celebration #giveaway #10k #10kfollowers #excited #letsparty #funbegins #livingroom #livingroomdecor #decor #myhome #homelove #decorlover #instadecor #decor123 #interiors #interiorstyling #interiordesigning #paintings #gallerywall #folkpaintings #indianfolkart #fairylights #stringlights #bokeh #warmth #festivities #eclectichome #eclecticdecor #designdecoranddisha
* Good lighting can easily set the right mood. Light up your home in layers with some ornate lighting fixtures and lamps.
* Highlight a wall by painting it in cheerful earthy warm hues like solar yellow, rustic red and emerald green.
* Fresh flowers and scented candles are ideal for those who want to keep the decor understated.
* Ensure your towels, napkins, table runner and door mats are in the same vibrant shade to keep symmetry going.
* Bring out the prized centrepieces for your coffee table and dining table.
– Inputs from Dipti Das, design head at interior design and décor online platform HomeLane and interior designer Pramitha Roche.