Dalai Lama’s advice, Shiv Sena’s take on Gorakhpur tragedy: Top 5 stories from Mumbai
Here are the top stories from Mumbai you shouldn’t missmumbai Updated: Aug 14, 2017 16:56 IST
While the Shiv Sena in Maharashtra hit out at the Uttar Pradesh government over the death of nearly 60 children at a Gorakhpur hospital, the Dalai Lama advised the India and China governments to diffuse tensions.
Meanwhile, the city geared up to celebrate Krishna janmashtami and dahi handi. In good news for commuters, the civic body is set to resurface 731 roads to ensure that your ride is now smoother.
1. Krishna janmashtami, dahi handi celebrations: From govindas to temples in Mumbai, 10 things you must know
As the city gets ready to celebrate Krishna janmashtami and dahi handi, here are the 10 things you should know
2. India and China too powerful to defeat each other, must become bhai-bhai: Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama has suggested that India use it soft power, including its Buddhist heritage and tourism, to diffuse tensions with China.
3. Here’s how officials rescued golden jackal from 10-foot-deep well near Mumbai
A golden jackal, which fell into an uncovered 10-foot-deep well in Junnar, near Pune, around 4.30pm on Sunday, was pulled out two hours later.
4. Your ride in Mumbai to get smoother, BMC to resurface 731 roads
Here’s some good news for motorists who travel on Mumbai’s pothole-ridden roads daily.
5. Gorakhpur tragedy: Shiv Sena raps Yogi Adityanath government for ‘mass murder’ of children
The Shiv Sena on Monday criticised the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government for the death of nearly 60 children at a Gorakhpur hospital, terming the incident “mass murder”.
First Published: Aug 14, 2017 16:53 IST